Customer Service Representative
- Full Time
- Rochester, NY
Career Center – Job Description
Customer Support Representative
Greet and support customers in the resource room of the Career Center and assist in providing core services to customers. Provide administrative support to the Career Center employment and training team in the delivery of pre- and post-employment services.
- Greet Career Center customers and provide information to them regarding services.
- Assist customers in the resource room in accessing resources and materials for their job search and career exploration including labor market information, job opportunities, internet and web-based job postings, job search tools and computer applications.
- Collect, organize, and maintain resource room materials for use by customers including published material, PC and internet resources, and videos.
- Maintain appointment calendar for customer visits, orientation, and workshops.
- Provide administrative support to employment and training team.
- Make follow-up calls to customers and service organizations.
- Assist in maintaining customer files and database records.
- Copy materials for use by staff and customers.
- Assist in answering telephone inquiries and scheduling appointments.
- Ensures that customers are registered in the One Stop Operating System.
- Work with management and staff to meet enrollment, expenditure, employment, retention, earnings, and credential performance goals.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree preferred with two years administrative or customer service experience OR four years of work experience in customer service.
- Proficient in MS Office and internet use; ability to type 35 wpm.
- Experience working with diverse populations in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well as part of a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in bi-lingual skills a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to complete paperwork and data maintenance on a timely basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. This position may include lifting up to 10 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
RochesterWorks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit rochesterworks.org.