ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Program
About This Program
ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification is the standard in food safety training and certifications. The program will assist the student with understanding how to keep food safe, contamination/allergens/foodborne illnesses; purchasing, receiving, storing, preparing and serving food; food safety management systems; safe facilities, equipment, cleaning, sanitizing, pest management, regulations and staff food safety.
The goal of the program is to prepare students to take and pass the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
This is the core foundational course of the Emergency Telecommunications program. Students gain the skills and knowledge necessary to access, control and prioritize calls from the community. Students will practice these skills in conjunction with emergency communications hardware and software in a realistic laboratory experience.
Program Prerequisites – Keyboarding of 40 wpm
- Understand emergency telephone conversation, obtain necessary information, and know policies and procedures.
- Understand factors related to prioritizing calls.
- Understand the function and use of the computer, software, and related peripherals.
- Understand the types of calls and the impact related to dispatch.
- Income Verification
- NYS Residency
- Photo Identification
- Required minimum TABE scores: Reading 570; Mathematics 560