Director/ Lead TeacherAugust 3, 2023 2023-09-14 7:39
Website Agape FELLOWSHIP CHURCH
The Educational Director and Lead Teacher is the primary leader of the Genesis Kids Early Learning Center responsible for the total operation and educational attainment of children attending the program. While some degree of the actual work performed in various areas of the Center may be delegated to others, staff, or volunteers, the ultimate accountability for assuring that the children in the Center will flourish and grow rests with the educational director/lead teacher. The educational director/lead teacher is a born-again believer who lives out the Gospel of Jesus Christ and support the church’s vision and mission to love God more and make heaven more crowded thorough uniquely turning curious individuals to Jesus Christ with the gospel that shape people and cultures, inspire connections, and change the world.
THE VISION AND MISSION OF THE GENESIS KIDS EARLY LEARNING CENTER:
The vision for Genesis Kids Early Learning Center is to provide a faith-based early intervention child care center dedicated to grow children ages 3-5 years old to become intellectually sound, spiritual-centered, and equipped with developing critical, motor, and social competencies early in their life. We want our children to stand out among their generation to navigate certain social and academic acumens prior to entering kindergarten. Our mission is to use a Christ-ordained educational space to assist children to develop spiritually, physically, and emotionally through play and faith-centered curriculums.
1. Thorough understanding of child care center operations.
2. Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and orally).
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills and public relations.
4. Knowledge of computer proficiency and spreadsheets.
5. Ability to coordinate center’s functions and supervise all staff members including
volunteers. Oversee hiring process and orientation for all new staff and volunteers.
6. Ability to implement and create center’s policies and procedures. Ensure that the
Center’s program is cost effective and meeting industry best practices and standards.
7. Knowledge and implementation of New York State child care guidelines and state
licensing through the Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS).
8. Comprehensive knowledge and proven success implementing programs for children and
and their families based on developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practices.
Ensure consistent compliance with all NYS standards, including annual fire, health,
And other regulatory inspections.
9. On an ongoing basis, plan for, organize, and implement daily curriculum and activities for
10. Plan, organize, and implement special days and occasions with the children.
11. Recruit, orient, and train staff and volunteers to assist in the center’s operation and
12. Conduct parent-teacher conferences; and represent the Center in a professional, courteous,
And positive manner at all times and spaces.
13. Work cooperatively with Agape Fellowship Church’s Ministry Council, church staff, and
other work area of the church, as appropriate, to coordinate the center’s activities and its
operation to help achieve the center’s and church’s mission goals.
14. Advocates children’s issues to the congregation with the objective of making children
more visible, seen, heard, and listened to—even in their young age.
15. Meet with families all the time for purposes of connection and relationship towards student
16. Accept and respect differences in staff, volunteers, children and families and celebrate that.
17. Ability to create and manage an annual budget.
18. Be a visionary.
1. Demonstrate Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a
personal faith journey in Jesus Christ. A prayer warrior who prays without ceasing.
2. Willing to be a member of Agape Fellowship Church. This is room for discussion.
3. Must have one year of full-time teaching experience in a child care facility or other
early childhood program AND one year of experience supervising staff in a child care
program or a related field.
4. A college degree in inclusive early childhood development is preferable; or in a related
field such as teaching, child care, etc., is desirable.
5. Ability to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with a
minimum of supervision and follow up.
6. High standards in attitude, outlook, and morals, with an awareness of the importance of
setting an example with great enthusiasm.
Administratively responsible to the chair of the Ministry Council
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org