- Full Time
- Part Time
Blue Heron Hills Golf Club
Blue Heron Hills Line Cook
Blue Heron Hills Golf is looking for 2-3 professional Line Cooks to be part of our excellent kitchen team, to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu following our specifications and guidelines. The Line Cooks will manage the culinary team members in their daily responsibilities, leading to the successful production of quality food and a positive guest experience. Open year round with busy ala cart and heavy banquet dining business. The ideal candidates are highly motivated and creative individuals with strong culinary experience and technical ability. Our line cooks are passionate about fresh quality ingredients, great technique and delicious, memorable food. Line cooks use a wide range of cooking methods and kitchen tools, to make our dishes perfect. And although our restaurant is busy and our standards are high, you’ll love our team spirit and commitment to having fun, as well as the glowing complements from guests about our food. Ask about our SIGNING BONUS!!
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Full-time / Part-time position that requires schedule flexibility to work either days and/or evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Experience in casual and or fine dining restaurants with working knowledge in a variety of food preparation and presentation techniques. Experience with food procurement, menu costing. Culinary training and supervisory-level experience preferred.
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized with proven leadership skills and ability to deliver results. A motivational leader and effective communicator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads Kitchen Staff in Chef’s absence.
- Adherence to safe and sanitary food storage and cooking methods. Demonstrated compliance with food safety protocols including handling and transportation of food and use and maintenance of culinary tools and equipment.
- Accommodate special requests when possible. Remain flexible in serving the needs of guests and colleagues to create a positive guest experience. Knowledgeable of food allergens and appropriate substitutes.
- Ensure team members are properly trained in food storage, handling, preparation, cooking and plating techniques and proper safety and sanitation procedures.
- Assist the Chef with recruiting, hiring, and training team members to create a strong service and result-oriented culture. Lead and coach the team to achieve exceptional, high-quality results.
- Perform administrative/office responsibilities as needed, including inventory, ordering, scheduling.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Support of the Chef and any other duties / tasks as requested.
- Review sales and food costs daily with the Chef. Develop plans as necessary to meet budgeted costs based upon food cost discussions.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and manner.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
Casual dining restaurant
Upscale casual restaurant
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Macedon, NY 14502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Restaurant experience: 1 year (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org