- Full Time
Website Cardinal Health
Unique closed door pharmacy opportunity! Competitive wage, no calling insurance companies, no direct patient contact and we will provide specific on the job training.
$1,500 gross sign-On bonus offered
Benefit eligible the first day of employment.
- 40 hours per week.
- Monday through Friday. Rotating schedule of either 12:15 am – 8:15 am, 01:15 am – 09:15, or 7:15 am – 3:15 pm.
- Candidate must be flexible to work different days, schedules, come in early or stay late, hours or overtime based on business needs.
- At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy.
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacy Technician does at Cardinal Health
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy. Many of your duties will include:
- Prepare prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draw doses into either a syringe or vial
- Perform quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer’s guidelines
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintain computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assist and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Make deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- Speak with customers and address questions and/or concerns via telephone
- Work under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy. Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy, licensure as a Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician a plus
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Minimum of 18 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects
- Demonstrated manual dexterity to dispense doses
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment
- Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to use computers and tablets)
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation may required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
*Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.