- Full Time
Website City of Rochester - Department of Environmental Services
SALARY: $18.51 – $23.15 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Department of Environmental Services
BUREAU: Commissioner’s Office
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This is a key job in the Security program of the City of Rochester. This position is responsible forperforming routine security work and patrolling an assigned area to safeguard customers andvehicles at City facilities. The employee works under the direction of senior level personnel.Related work is done as required. CITY RESIDENCY WILL BE REQUIRED WITHIN ONE YEAR OF HIRE.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Patrols an assigned area to insure safety of persons and property;
- Monitors audio-visual security systems;
- Investigates complaints and disturbances;
- Keeps patrol area orderly and notes any problems needing the attention of superiors;
- Apprehends lawbreakers and disorderly persons in keeping with the jurisdiction of his job;
- Inspects buildings and property for safety, health or fire hazards and brings details to attention of superior;
- Enforces vehicles and safety regulations as required by specific assignment;
- Keeps order at public gatherings and at special events;
- Makes regular reports of events occurring during their shift or detail;
- Provides information to visitors regarding locations of City buildings, services, functions, and specific personnel and directs them accordingly;
- Assumes desk duty at an assigned post at request of supervisory personnel;
- May receive, check, and sign for registered mail and other deliveries made after normal working hours.
- Performs special assignments at request of supervisory personnel.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D. PLUS:
- Possession of NYS Security Guard Certification at time of application.
Possession of a valid New York State class D driver’s license. This license must be maintained throughout employment in this job. NYS Security Guard Certification will continue to be required throughout employment.
EXAM INFORMATION: APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.cityofrochester.gov
30 Church St. Room 103ARochester, NY 14614585-428-7115
To apply for this job please visit www.cityofrochester.gov.