- Part Time
City of Rochester - Public Library
SALARY: $16.32 – $18.64 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Rochester Public Library
BUREAU: Community Library
OPENING DATE:09/22/22CLOSING DATE:10/05/22 11:59 PM
This is a key job in the Security program of the City of Rochester. The employee works under the direction of senior level personnel.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Patrols an assigned area to insure safety of persons and property;
- Investigates complaints and disturbances;
- Keeps patrol area orderly and notes any problems needing the attention of superiors;
- Apprehends lawbreakers and disorderly persons in keeping with the jurisdiction of the job;
- Inspects buildings and property for safety, health or fire hazards and brings details to attention of superior;
- Enforces vehicles and safety regulations as required by specific assignment;
- Keeps order at public gatherings and at special events;
- Makes regular reports of events occurring during their shift or detail;
- Assumes desk duty at an assigned post at request of supervisory personnel;
- Performs special assignments at request of supervisory personnel.
I. Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D. AND
II. Possession of NYS Security Guard Certification at time of application.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a valid New York State class D driver’s license. This license must be maintained throughout employment in this job. NYS Security Guard Certification will continue to be required throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.cityofrochester.gov.