Teacher’s AideJuly 26, 2023 2023-08-03 7:33
Website CP Rochester
The CP Rochester Augustin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of educational and therapeutic services for children, birth to kindergarten, with and without disabilities. Individualized programs and attention from a highly trained, experienced staff are delivered on our campus in an ideal, accessible suburban setting featuring a gymnasium, outdoor classroom, playground and a heated swimming pool. Our renowned center seamlessly integrates children with disabilities and children without disabilities in a unique and rewarding educational environment.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Teacher’s Aide to join our team in the Integrated Preschool Program. Our schedule follows a school calendar including a 6-week summer program.
To act as an active team member in providing for the well-being, education and supervision of children in the classroom.
Key Job Tasks:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “respect, Integrity, Services and Excellence” to individuals, families, program staff and community resources.
- Performs all job responsibilities in support of children, families, program staff and community resources by following CP
- Rochester’s mission, vision and guiding principles of respect, integrity, service and excellence.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Performs both instructional and non-instructional duties under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Assists the classroom teacher in all children’s activities throughout the day, including preparation of children’s snacks.
- Supervises children at all times, including pool lifeguard management supervision and physical education, busing and transitional activities.
- Assists in physical care tasks and health related activities as appropriate.
- Assists children with behavioral/management needs.
- Functions as a positive, contributing member of the classroom team and demonstrates consistent, nurturing manner toward all children.
- Maintains classroom cleanliness and the orderly appearance of classroom equipment, supplies and displays of children’s work.
- Shares all relevant information related to classroom children obtained from various sources with the classroom teacher.
- Attends meetings, and participates in conferences, workshops, and in-service training to enhance job skills and personal growth and development as assigned by classroom teacher and Program Director.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
Rate: $15/hour and up commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 5 Days Paid Time Off (PTO) plus paid sick time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403B Retirement Plan
- Additional Insurance Offerings – Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Hours of Employment:
30 Hours/Week: 9:15 am – 3:45 pm Mon – Fri / Follows a school calendar which includes a 6-week summer session
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience working with young children preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated acceptance of and sensitivity in interacting with people with disabilities.
- Physical requirements may include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, ability to speak clearly, and good listening ability.
- Mental requirements may include: general intelligence, motor coordination skills, coordination of eyes, hands, and feet, verbal intelligence.
To apply for this job please visit www.cprochester.org.