Direct Support Professional – Day HabilitationJune 29, 2023 2023-06-30 13:00
Website CP Rochester
Opening Doors. Enriching Lives.
Full-Time and Part-Time job opportunities for Direct Support Professionals working in our Adult Day Habilitation Program.
**This position is eligible for a $300 signing bonus! This bonus is earned and payable as follows: 25% ($75) in the pay period following the 3-month anniversary of your employment, 25% ($75) in the pay period following the 6-month anniversary of your employment, and 50% ($150) in the pay period following the one-year anniversary of your employment.**
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others – we want YOU to join our team of caring professionals as a Direct Support Professional! As part of our team you will have the personal rewards of making a difference in the lives of adults and their families.
In a Direct Support Professional position you will support adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities by:
- Teaching independent living skills
- Assisting with personal care
- Completing documentation as required by and in coordination with regulations and agency policies and procedures.
Hours of Employment: Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm
- 7 hours per day / 35 hours per week
- 6 hours per day /30 hours per week
- 5 hours per day / 25 hours per week (six positions)
Most Rates Start at $15.50/hr and up commensurate with experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with an outstanding reputation in employee relations and a flexible and friendly environment!
What We Offer
Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit plan including:
- Affordable Medical (full-time only) / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 17 Days Paid Time Off (PTO) plus Paid Sick Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Additional Insurance Offerings – Specified Disease Insurance w/ Cancer Rider, Accident Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Arrangement (full-time only)
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement plus a 25% Tuition Discount for benefit-eligible Employees and Family Members at Roberts Wesleyan College
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Valid and clean New York State Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to become CPR and first aid certified and successfully complete required training courses.
Physical Requirements include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, pulling and pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, crawling, color determination, visual acuity, speaking clearly, listening to spoken communication, sense of taste and smell.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit cprochester.org.