- Full Time
Website Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection
The Shop Helper assists in the delivery of tools and materials to the job sites, along with the maintenance of the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the ensuring material is available for the shop and possibly other Davis-Ulmer locations.
- Prepares each job in accordance with the fabrication list or verbal/written instructions.
- Operates shop equipment and machinery in accordance with safety requirements.
- Reports problems and discrepancies to Management.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Assists the Shop Foreman as required.
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions.
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in a shop setting a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid NY State Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 feet
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
To apply for this job please visit www.davisulmer.com.