- Full Time
- Rochester, NY
Website DePaul Adult Care Communities
DEPAUL ADULT CARE COMMUNITIES
REPORTS TO: Dietary Director
1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, high school or GED preferred.
2. Two years experience in the food service industry preferred.
3. Must have the required annual Tuberculosis (TB) testing and Annual Health Assessment.
4. Must be aware of and apply the standards of sanitary food preparation.
5. Must have the required references and criminal record check.
1. Responsible for the overall function of kitchen and dining room services while on shift.
2. Creates an environment of respectful teamwork supervising and working alongside Dietary Aides to ensure the following.
Food preparation / sanitation practices and policies are followed in a safe environment
Residents are prepared and served the diet prescribed by their physicians in a friendly, customer service oriented manner.
3. Acts in a professional manner at all times; is a role model to other staff.
4. Completes other duties as assigned by the Dietary Director.
1. Ability to communicate with residents and staff in English.
2. Ability to read and write English.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted and to bodily support up to 100 pounds with minimal assistance.
4. Ability to visually observe residents, to hear emergency systems and verbal needs expressed by residents.
5. Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to assist residents.
6. Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
7. Ability to use equipment competently.
8. Ability to respond to emergencies, i.e. resident choking, evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
Well lighted, airconditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outdoors on occasion at resident cookouts.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AND/OR USED:
Protective equipment when working with chemicals or cleaning up broken glass. Food preparation equipment; slicer, grinder, mixer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, stove, coffeemaker etc.
ACCEPTANCE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential functions.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
I have read the above position description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein, and will perform said position responsibilities to the best of my knowledge and skill.
Dietary Cook Supervisor Date
Dietary Director Date
To apply for this job please visit www.depaul.org.