Resident Care Assistant
- Full Time
- Rochester, NY
Website DePaul Adult Care Communities
DEPAUL ADULT CARE COMMUNITIES
RESIDENT CARE ASSISTANT
Reports To: Resident Care Director
Under the general direction of the Supervisor-In-Charge, provides direct personal care and assistance to residents as needed.
1) High School diploma or GED preferred.
2) CNA, HHA or PCA certification preferred.
3) One year work experience in a care-giving field desired.
4) Must be dependable, hardworking and willing to work as part of a team.
5) Must have the required references and criminal record check.
6) Must have annual TB screening and Health Assessment completed.
7) Must be at least 18 years of age.
1) Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude toward all residents, staff and guests
2) Assists residents with bathing, personal care and oral hygiene.
3) Assists residents with choice of attire and care of clothing.
4) Reminds residents of meal times and monitors meal attendance..
5) Makes beds daily and changes bedding and linens weekly or as needed.
6) Performs rounds on each resident at the beginning and end of each shift.
7) Documents and reports all concerns to the supervisor; (i.e. changes in behavior, evidence of illness etc.)
8) Assists relatives, guests and visitors as needed or requested. Will also assist with room preparation and welcome of new residents.
9) Reminds residents of medication times.
10) Attends staff meetings and in-services when requested.
11) Keeps scheduled shifts and plans time off in advance with the supervisor.
12) Performs housekeeping duties and laundry as scheduled needed or requested.
13) Inspects building areas and furnishings for wear and defects, completes maintenance requests.
14) Assists with activity programs as requested.
15) Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
· Warmth, understanding and responsiveness to residents and their demands and reactions.
· Positive feeling for families and visitors, exercising patience and tact.
· Ability to use initiative, judgment and resourcefulness and ability to make decisions.
1. Ability to communicate with residents and others in the English language.
2. Ability to read and write English.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
4. Ability to visually observe residents.
5. Ability to audibly hear call bells, emergency systems, verbal needs expressed by residents, and sounds relate to physical assessment (B/P, apical heart rate).
6. Ability to turn, stoop, bend, and stretch in order to assist residents.
7. Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
8. Ability to manipulate equipment (sphygmomanometer, Accucheck, thermometer, etc.).
9. Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies, e.g., evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
10. Ability to push medication cart down hallway without assistance.
Well lighted, air-conditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outside on occasion when required by resident care needs (i.e., resident walks or other outdoor activities).
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AND/OR USED:
Latex gloves, goggles, for standard precautions. Office equipment (copier, computer, fax machine, telephone), fire extinguisher, wheel chairs.
To apply for this job please visit www.depaul.org.