- Full Time
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! Edgerton Square, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy (CR-SRO) Program, is now hiring per diem Cooks in our Dietary Department! Under the supervision of the Dietary Director, the Cook prepares and serves meals in a timely manner and ensures they meet nutritional standards and are in recommended amounts to meet the dietary needs of residents.
This position is $18/hour.
Evening and Overnight shifts will receive a $1 shift differential.
- Responsible for seeing that all food is served at the proper temperature.
- Responsible for following recipes when needed when preparing meals.
- Assists in the service of meals to assure that food is served attractively and in proper portions.
- Responsible for advanced preparation of food while assuring that the quality of the product is maintained.
- Follows proper sanitation and safety procedures and assures that Dietary Assistants follow safety protocols. Wears attire suitable and safe for position.
- Organizes and ensures sanitation of storerooms, refrigeration units and kitchen and dining areas.
- Supervises the maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of assigned culinary equipment and work areas.
- Regularly visits residents in the dining room to observe and evaluate meal service quality, diet appropriateness, quantity, temperature and appearance to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Follows all food safety protocols when storing and disposing left over foods.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Dietary Assistants and oversees the Dietary Department (including ordering of food and supplies) in the absence of the Director.
- Responsible for the security of all dietary items and the prevention of loss from staff, residents and the public.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as per respect policy), staff and guests.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends agency required trainings.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the programs.
Education / Experience:
At least one-year work experience as a cook in a restaurant or in a large volume food service program is required.
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.rochesterworks.org.