- Full Time
- Part Time
Website Episcopal Senior Life
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – DAYS – 7a-3p Fulltime or Casual e/o weekend – $14.00 – $16.55
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows resident assignment sheet that contains plan of care.
- Reports (to LPN) pertinent resident care information throughout shift.
- Reports to (LPN) when leaving unit and at end of shift.
- Physical and emotional needs of the residents will be maintained with respect and compassion per resident’s individual plan of care and ECH policy.
- Transportation of residents to and from activities and appointments as assigned.
- Performs treatments per CNA certification under direction of an LPN.
- Provides a clean and safe resident environment.
- Interacts with co-workers and team members in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Provides assistance to co-workers as requested.
- Be courteous and helpful to residents, families, visitors, and co-workers.
- Communicates pertinent information to co-workers to ensure compliance with resident care standards.
- Responds positively to suggestions and guidance.
- Meets all NYS CNA certification and re-certification requirements as set by regulation.
- Complete ADL (Activities of Daily Living) documentation by end of scheduled shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th grade level or higher.
- Certified as a nursing assistant (CNA) in NYS.
- Experience as a (CNA) certified nursing assistant and interest in working with older adults.
- Maintains required annual in-service hours as designated by New York State.
- Ability to relate to the geriatric population.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors, and the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job require lifting, bending, walking, and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors as well as in resident areas where universal precautions apply. The employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS: Employee has no responsibility for others.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Church Home. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information.
Disclaimer: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.