- Full Time
- Part Time
Website Episcopal Senior Life
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Fulltime or Part-Time Evenings $20.00 – $25.25
JOB SUMMARY: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for resident care activities under the direction of a Professional Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exhibits knowledge and proper application of established policies and procedures.
- Provides information for the development of nursing care plans.
- Observes and monitors residents’ health status and communicates significant findings to the registered nurse.
- Safely performs therapeutic and preventative nursing procedures/treatments under the direction of the RN.
- Follows established care plan.
- Participates in quality assurance programs and infection prevention as required.
- Under the direction of the RN, assists with supervision of non-professional nursing staff.
- Is familiar with all medication policies and procedures; administers medications per policy and procedure; reorders medications per the pharmacy procedures.
- Exhibits knowledge of desired/undesired effects of administered medications.
- Observes residents for reaction to medications; reporting and documenting effectiveness.
- Follows established documentation procedures.
- Completes exception reports, bowel records at the end of shift; hands off any pending issues.
- Is familiar with documentation requirements specific to MDS and resident needs.
- Utilizes supplies in a cost-effective manner. Monitors usage regularly.
- Reports unsafe conditions to the RN in a timely manner.
- Documents all incidents/accidents per policy.
- Is familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Responds to resident needs in a timely fashion.
- Refers issues/problems to Nurse Manager/supervisor or designee.
- Assists with orientation of new nurses on the unit.
- Reports off to other team leader or Nurse Manager/supervisor or designee when leaving the unit.
- Ensures residents get to scheduled activities/therapy on time.
- Floats to aid with staffing needs within the nursing department as needed.
- Follows dress code per facility policies.
- Provides assistant to co-workers as needed.
- Answers call lights/unit phone in unit secretary’s absence.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of an approved program of practical nursing required. Active/unencumbered NYS LPN Licensure required.
EXPERIENCE: a minimum of 1 year of fulltime LPN experience with older adults.
OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Good assessment skills. Strong team approach to working with other staff. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit for prolonged periods, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors as well as in resident areas where universal precautions apply. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS: The employee has no direct responsibility for others.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of Brentland Woods. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.