- Part Time
Website Flower City Charter Services
Flower City Charter Services, LLC (FCCS) is seeking a motivated individual for part-time evening work cleaning a professional environment.
This position encompasses general cleaning duties in a high performing charter school. Attention to cleaning details is critical to this position.
The responsibilities of this position are but not limited to:
- Empty and spot clean waste receptacles including replacement of liners.
- Empty recycling containers as required.
- Clean and maintain floors / carpets, walls and stairwells in assigned areas using appropriate chemicals and equipment. Methods include but not limited to; sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, wiping, scrubbing and mopping.
- Spot clean carpets as required
- Dust, clean and polish building surfaces, shelves, HVAC vents, cabinets and furniture.
- Clean boards.
- Return classroom furniture and other furniture to proper position.
- Clean, polish and disinfect bathroom fixtures including toilets, showers, water fountains, partitions, walls, floors and replenish bathroom supplies.
- Wash interior and exterior windows.
- Properly maintain housekeeping closets and cleaning equipment.
- Complete reports and supply request forms
- Assist set-up and/or tear down of events and activities
- Report to supervisor or Facility Services office for any broken, nonfunctional, or damaged items.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
- High school education or a GED with one year of institutional custodial/housekeeping experience.
- Ability to understand and display written and oral communication skills.
Competencies / Skills:
- Cleaning skills in institutional cleaning is desired. On the job training is provided.
- Must be able to understand / follow basic safety precautions involved in the use of cleaning chemicals, operation of motorized equipment, and personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to understand and follow a work schedule and complete assigned tasks in the time allotted.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
Supervision of Employees:
- Supervision of others is not a requirement for this position.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Full range of body motion during an entire work shift including reaching, stooping, kneeling, standing, bending, lifting of minimum 25 pounds maximum of 50 pounds. Climbing stairs is required.
- Full shift mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, wiping horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Lift supply cart from storage room (30 pounds)
- Furniture – move desks, tables, file cabinets, chairs (up to 50 pounds)
- Set-up/tear down-tables/stages (up to 50 pounds)
- Empty large waste containers (35 pounds) and empty large recycling bins (40 pounds)
- Exposure to normal and necessary cleaning chemicals and compounds
- Ability to think through clearly amid changing priorities and circumstances.
- Maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations.
- Ability to multitask in a very busy work environment.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- School buildings.
- May be asked to cover other areas in the event of a co-worker’s absence or work additional hours if needed to meet service requirements.
- Vacation approval maybe may be limited during peak activity levels.
- Vacuum cleaners, mop, broom, wet-vacs, and moving apparatus.
- The use of vinyl gloves and contact with standard cleaning solutions is required.
Monday – Friday
4:30 – 8:30 / 9:00pm
- Starting wage is $15.00/hr. with a $10/week attendance bonus (paid for being on time and ready to work each day)
- 401K with company match is also offered to part-time employees
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.rochesterworks.org.