- Full Time
Website Genesee Brewing Company
The Utilities Apprentice will be trained to oversee the safe operation and maintenance of both a large-scale Ammonia Refrigeration System as well as the Steam Plant. They will also be trained in all other equipment relating to any of these positions. The Apprentice will aid the Chief Operating Engineer and the Assistant Chief Operating Engineer to ensure all assets are managed in accordance with IIAR, EPA, OSHA and applicable state and local codes.
The Apprentice once properly trained will be used to fill the next vacancy in the department whether it be an Engine Room Operator, Steam Plant Operator or Maintenance/ Vacation Relief Technician at the Chief Operating Engineers discretion. The Apprentice will have the lowest Seniority in the department until they are moved to the next available vacancy in which they will have accrued seniority from their start date.
The Apprentice will be paid at Collective Bargaining Unit agreed wage upon hiring. After obtaining both lowest Rochester City Licenses-R4 & S3 (Paid at Licensed rate) the Apprentices pay increases will come from acquiring higher Rochester City Licenses. (Paid at Licensed rate)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee, operate and maintain Ammonia Refrigeration, Glycol, CO2, Steam and Air systems. This includes monitoring, trending, troubleshooting and repairing on all systems.
- Will be responsible for logging hourly rounds on all pertaining equipment
- Will be responsible for logging into CMMS and completing work orders as they are assigned
- Duties include water treatment and testing of condenser sumps, pasteurizers and boilers
- Responsible for daily communication and logging of any pertinent information to other operators, maintenance personnel and supervisors
- Will assist with maintaining PSM program
- Once appropriately trained Apprentice will be used for Vacation Relief coverage
- Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and well as follow all safety guidelines and policies set forth by the company
- Perform other various job duties as needed
- Actively exhibit a commitment to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Maintenance or utilities experience preferred but not required
- Must obtain OSHA HAZMAT 24-hour certification within 90 days (company-paid)
- Must be willing to join RETA (Refrigeration Engineers and Technicians Association)
- Must obtain Rochester City License R4 within 13 months of start day (2080 hours required to take the exam per license)
- Must obtain Rochester City License S3 within 26 months of start date (2080 hours required to take exam per license)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Must pass a physical and Respirator Fit Test for SCBA use
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work in confined spaces
- Must be willing to work with Hazardous Chemicals
Generous Benefits with options to fit your life
Retirement Options with employer contributions
10 paid holidays per year
Tools and tool replacement options
Genesee Brew House discounts
Culture of pride and community involvement
And of course, beer!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.