Teaching AssistantSeptember 14, 2023 2023-09-14 7:38
Website Hope Church
This staff person will be primarily accountable to the Director of Children’s Ministries with daily accountability to the classroom Teacher. He/she will be expected to be a team player and good communicator with all teaching staff, Hope employees, ministry leaders, volunteers, and parents. The Preschool Teacher Assistant will work with the classroom Teacher to establish a classroom that is spiritually based, educationally sound, and child centered.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 15-20 hours
Responsibilities and Duties:
General Ministry Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide Christ-centered, biblically guided leadership for children’s ministries; which supports the mission, vision and philosophy of ministry of Hope Church.
- Support the goals and objectives of the Hope’s Christian Preschool ministry.
- Be an encourager of the children in all that they do.
- Be an encourager of parents, communicating frequently and enthusiastically.
- Be an encourager of other staff and a team player.
- Is expected to be present for Morning Prayer (8:30 AM) on all assigned morning workdays.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:Be proactive to assist in the classroom whenever necessary in any way that promotes a smooth, stress-free day for the children.
- Offer opportunities throughout the day to share God’s love with the children.
- Help to provide a calm and loving environment for the children to learn and play.
- Help to provide an atmosphere that challenges them while allowing them to grow in their own unique way.
- Assist to maintain the safety of the room and make the Teacher aware of any safety concerns. If harm is eminent, remove/act on safety concerns immediately. This would include but is not limited to:Broken toys/wet floor/broken or unsafe equipment, including the playground and gym.
- Children’s behavior that could become a safety or serious discipline issue.
- Be alert to the needs and/or problems of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Share knowledge of special needs or problems of the individual children with the teacher.
- Refer all parent comments or concerns to the classroom teacher.
- Anticipate classroom problems and concerns and take steps to correct and improve the situation.
- Ensure all preschool policies are being followed daily.
- Remain current in CPR, First Aid, and child abuse detection and prevention.
- Report any case of suspected child abuse or neglect to the Child Abuse
- Hotline or to Director of Children’s Ministries.
- Attend all meetings and school-related events.
- If responsible for the children that are not potty trained, will follow proper preschool policies for such duties as:Changing diapers and/or pull ups
- Assisting children with changing clothes if necessary
- If needed, must be available for Summer Camp as requested.
- Assist Teacher with the scholastic book (usually one order per year).
- Teachers and Teacher Assistants are responsible for maintaining all procedures, lessons, crafts, and activities so that we present a consistent program for all the families.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity and hand eye- foot coordination to perform all essential duties.
- Work requires sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, reaching, and balancing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects or materials.
- Must have a vital relationship with God in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit and worship at Hope Church on a regular basis; participation in a Life Group is desirable.
- Must feel called (lead) to the position, have a love for children, be passionate about ministry with youth, and have a heart for reaching the lost with the gospel.
- Must have a growing relationship with Christ, a love for Scripture, and be able to communicate the truths of God’s word clearly and effectively.
- Well-documented hands-on experience working with children in a school or childcare setting, must include at least one year with preschool children.
- Be especially able to relate to children through communications and teaching style while providing a calm and loving environment for the children to play and learn.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) with ministry leaders, staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Must be a self-starter, as well as a team player, with strong initiative, work ethics, and the ability to manage multiple duties.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- Must be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment that is always changing.
- Must be organized and have demonstrated time management skills.
- Minimum of high school education, but a plus for certificate/training in Early Childhood education.
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.rochesterworks.org.