- Full Time
- Part Time
Website Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
Early Childhood Teacher Assistant – Full Time or Part Time
The Wolk Children’s Center is a highly respected, inclusive childcare center that serves the Greater Rochester community, teaching children through exploration, discovery, and play. We are looking for experienced, dependable Early Childhood Teacher Assistants who our children and their families can rely on to provide a safe and nurturing environment that celebrates each child’s uniqueness and builds empathy for others.
At the Wolk Children’s Center, we follow the Creative Curriculum which provides research-based and field proven learning experiences to children from birth through kindergarten. Alongside academic learning, our children participate in robust enrichment experiences such as yoga, music education, swimming lessons, and physical education.
Availability between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:30 PM
Full Time: 8-hour shifts
Part Time: 5 or 6-hour shifts
The Wolk Center Offers:
- $16.50 to $17.25 per hour to start, depending on experience and credentials
- Support for your work/life balance with paid time off and discounts on childcare
- A free JCC membership to our Fitness and Aquatics Center
- Employee benefits for full time positions include health, vision, and dental
- Provide a safe and welcoming classroom environment and competent supervision to each child
- Create developmentally appropriate activities that meets the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family and encourage their involvement in the program
- Keep the classroom neat, clean, and organized as you follow the daily routine
- Float between classrooms, as needed, to best support the children and colleagues
Education and Experience:
- CDA Child Development Associate certification is preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications preferred
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a group childcare (classroom) setting preferred
- Ability to assist children in an emergency situation
- Ability to lift a child repetitively weighing between 10-15# and occasionally up to 50#
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, stand, and sit on the floor or on child-size furniture for prolonged periods of time
The Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester is located alongside the Erie Canal in Brighton and is a 200,000 square foot facility that offers a state-of-the-art fitness center, wellness and recreation programming, an aquatics center with three swimming pools, a professional theatre with multiple productions throughout the year, the Wolk Children’s Center, before and after school care, and a summer camp program. We pride ourselves on providing our members with quality educational, cultural arts and social programming, and we are an inclusive community center that welcomes people of all faiths, backgrounds, and ages.
JCC of Greater Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Apply online at: www.jccrochester.org/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.jccrochester.org.