- Full Time
Website McQuaid Jesuit High School
McQuaid Jesuit is seeking an energetic, self-starter as the main office Administrative Assistant. This position provides both clerical and administrative support for the Principal and Dean of Academics. The employee interacts with administration, faculty, staff, students, parents and visitors. The role plays a vital part in the organization and smooth-running of the school.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Principal and Dean of Academics, performs a variety of clerical and support work involving both specific routines and as needed skills
- Demonstrates strong, positive communication and interaction skills when dealing with co-workers, students, administrators, parents and the community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Manage daily coverage of classes for absent teachers and maintain appropriate spreadsheet(s) for the teachers’ absences.
- Maintain adequate office supplies.
- Oversee all aspects of the main office.
- Create, update, maintain and terminate faculty & student records as needed.
- Provide support for annual projects and events.
- Responsible for processing all clerical aspects of the withdrawal process.
- Additional tasks as requested by Principal and Dean of Academics.
- Annual projects and events include but are not limited to: Exams, Jr. Ring Ceremony, Placement Tests,
- Scholar Athletes, mailings, Welcome Back events, National Honor Society, Graduation, etc.
- Provide coverage for reception desk as needed.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, and Word. Proficient with
- Google platforms. Schoology and School/Messenger experience preferred. (training provided).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion in all school matters.
Associate’s degree in business, or a related field plus 2-3 years of work experience in an administrative assistant role OR high school diploma plus 5 years’ experience in an administrative assistant role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and climbing.
- The employee will occasionally lift or move items more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
The is a full-time, hourly position – August 15 through June 30.
Hours of operation during the school year are Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a ½ hour unpaid lunch.
Holiday and summer hours may be lessened at the discretion of the Supervisor.
Occasional evenings and weekend school events may be required as the job duties demand.
To apply for this job please visit mcquaid.org.