- Full Time
Website Nothing Bundt Cakes
LOCATION: Henrietta, NY
REPORTS TO: Bakery Manager/Lead Operator
The Nothing Bundt Cakes (NbC) Baker ensures that cakes of the highest quality are consistently created for our guests and contributes to superior service by meeting production demands. Following strict proprietary recipes, NbC production methods and food safety standards, the Baker performs the repeated baking process for our delicious cakes offered in a variety of flavors and sizes. The Baker embodies NbC core values and demonstrates a strong commitment to excellence and efficiency in the workplace.
· Follows NbC proprietary recipes and cake production methods with precision and achieves productivity goals.
· Effectively utilizes measuring instruments, commercial-grade mixers and ovens, and other tools to bake cakes.
· Accurately prepares raw ingredients and equipment for baking, places cake pans into hot oven and monitors the baking process.
· Adheres to the proper packaging, labeling and storage of baked cakes as well as product rotation standards, and maintains baking and refrigeration logs.
· Assists Bakery Manager in the development of cake production plan, monitors inventory of baking supplies and notifies management when supply replenishment is required.
· Evaluates raw ingredients and baked cakes to ensure NbC standards are met and informs management of any quality control issues.
· Cleans, sanitizes and restocks workstation and ensures all baking supplies are sufficiently prepared for the next shift.
· Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
· Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Core Values and Competencies:
· Servant’s Heart
o Goes above and beyond to support the team or guest, and is reliable, trustworthy and responsive.
o Keeps the good of the team or guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
o Displays humility and empathy in interactions with others.
· Spirit of a Champion
o Demonstrates pride in responsibilities, an intense drive and a passion to succeed.
o Takes initiative and 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
o Operates with a strong sense of urgency and adheres to NbC brand standards.
· Genuine Connections
o Projects warmth, enthusiasm and optimism that attracts others.
o Builds positive, productive relationships with all team members.
o Listens actively and communicates openly, clearly and respectfully.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Is able to understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as recipes, operating procedures and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
o Please note that NbC recipes are available in English and Spanish.
· Understands basic units of measurement used in the U.S.
· Has the ability to perform repetitious, physical tasks that require the strength to lift items of moderate to heavy weight (as much as 50 pounds) and stand for extended periods of time.
· Is able to operate commercial-grade ovens and other bakery equipment and work adjacent to a high-heat source.
· Is meticulous about using exact measurements, paying strict attention to timing and working on a tight, fast-paced production schedule.
· Can evaluate products, processes, information and surroundings to determine compliance with standards.
· Possesses the discipline and attention to detail to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
· Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
· Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
· While no formal education or work experience is required, previous experience as a Baker or in another operational support role at a bakery, restaurant or foodservice environment is a plus.
Work Availability: Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.
Bakery Open: Monday – Saturday; Closed Sundays
To apply for this job please visit nothing-bundt-cakes-careers.careerplug.com.