Senior Staff Specialist
- Full Time
- Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
The Sr. Staff Specialist for Graduate Studies works in the Kate Gleason College Of Engineering (KGCOE) Office of Graduate Studies and supports the management and delivery of graduate programs and professional development training programs across the College of Engineering.
The Sr. Staff Specialist for Graduate Studies works in the KGCOE Office of Graduate Studies to support the management and delivery of graduate (PhD and Masters) and dual degree (combined BS and Master’s) programs, advanced certificate programs, and professional development/training programs across the College of Engineering. The primary responsibilities of the job include: administrative support, accounting support, event management, student data processing, program outreach, and other duties as needed by each program. Graduate, dual degree, and professional training programs are an essential and growing part of academic offerings at the Kate Gleason College of Engineering. This individual reports to the Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies.
Administrative Support: Assist program directors with management and delivery of professional training, advanced certificate, and graduate degree programs:
- Assist program directors with contracting, management, and delivery of professional training, advanced certificate, and graduate degree programs.
- Bill professional training program customers through accounts receivable and manage suppliers’ payments through accounts payable.
- Support program directors in reporting outcome measures appropriate to each program.
Accounting Support: Support KGCOE Office of Graduate Studies with financial support for graduate programs and professional development training programs:
- Accounting support: procurement, accounts payable, accounts receivable billing and collections, journal entries, fixed assets, general ledger entries, travel expense reimbursements, and monthly financial reconciliation versus budget.
- Graduate stipend processing for graduate teaching assistants, graduate research assistants, and graduate assistants. Create and process graduate stipend reports for KGCOE departments.
- Sponsored programs faculty PI support: purchasing, travel expense reports, stipend payments for graduate students.
Event Management: Assist program directors with planning, execution, and post-event follow-up of special events associated with professional training, advanced certificate, and graduate degree programs:
- Project lead and utilization of technology tools for maintaining and utilizing contact database, administration of website in Drupal/HTML programming languages, maintenance of registration & payment system, and coordination of break/fix problems with vendor. Project lead on projects for upgrades to technology tools.
- Manage all aspects of event logistics such as scheduling, registration and payment, educational materials acquisition and preparation, food service, room reservation, participant registration, and greeting.
- Oversee training facilities such as class/training rooms, computer labs, and hospitality areas.
- Ensure all facilities are operational and professional, appearing for all events and programs.
- Conduct email marketing campaigns, including creating emails, tracking responses, and reporting analytics to the program director
- Track and respond to customer inquiries, triage inquiries, and ensure customer support and satisfaction
- Address customer and student issues and concerns in a positive manner.
Student Data Processing: Assist professional development (non degree-seeking) and graduate (degree-seeking) students with forms and processes associated with a graduate degree, advanced certificate, and training program completion:
- Communicate with incoming students before beginning their program of study.
Assist incoming students with campus access, parking passes, food and housing options, on-boarding, and program orientation appropriate to their study program.
- Assist program director and students with completion of RIT forms necessary for their program (enrollment, scholarship, stipend, etc.) of study.
- Assist program director with completing RIT forms needed for certification of students (a program of study, milestones, exam/capstone completion, etc.) approaching and upon completion of their program of study.
Program Outreach: Assist the KGCOE Office of Graduate Studies and program directors with:
Maintain bulletin, flowcharts, and brochures for degree and non-degree programs.
Prepare and print materials such as information for prospective students, open house materials, outreach event materials, student orientation documents, and incoming student packets.
Other Duties As Assigned
Assist the KGCOE Office of Graduate Studies with items such as:
- Scheduling, meetings, and calendar management
- Ordering office supplies for faculty/staff and reconciling Pro-Card monthly statements
- Greet visiting students and corporate clients
- Participate in convocation, graduation, KGCOE Engineering Day, Orientation, and Departmental Events.
Five years minimum in a business or office setting.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience with accounting functions, strong technical skills, experience with customer support, multitasking, attention to detail, excellent Microsoft Office application skills.
Required Minimum Education Level
Associates or Equivalent Experience
Henrietta Campus — 100%
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References
What do we believe at RIT?
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you’ll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
Serving approximately 3500 students, the Kate Gleason College of Engineering offers 7 bachelor, 12 masters and 4 doctoral degree programs in biomedical, chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, mechanical, microelectronic and microsystems engineering. For more information visit Kate Gleason College of Engineering | RIT and Ph.D. Programs | Kate Gleason College of Engineering | RIT for more information about the Kate Gleason College of Engineering Doctoral programs.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff . Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to email@example.com . Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Commitment To Safety
COVID 19: Please familiarize yourself with the requirements of the RIT Safety Plan . Information on the responsibility for each employee can be found on the RIT Ready website . As per the RIT Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy , all university employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical/disability or religious accommodation
To apply for this job please visit careers.rit.edu.