- Full Time
Website Rochester Institute of Technology
We want you to be part of a high energy dining team who depend on each other to succeed. The environment is friendly but fast-paced. The goal? Nobody goes hungry, and everybody leaves smiling!
Here is what you will need to be successful in the job:
Current anticipated hours are Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:30pm with rotating weekends
Additionally, flexible scheduling/work hours may be required during break week, summer and intercession. In addition, large institute events may require additional hours (such as commencement (graduation) and Imagine RIT Festival).
Executes hot and/or cold food preparation in RIT Dining locations. Cooks routine short orders and/or prepares cold food items for delicatessen/salad bar. Ensures quality food preparation, safety, sanitation, and customer service.
- Cooks short orders such as hamburgers, chicken, eggs, and other grill items as well as prepare cold food items such as items for delicatessen/salad bar and compound salads.
- Prepares menu items according to production specification and recipes from menu management database.
- Washes, cuts, and prepares hot and cold foods.
- Ensures all prepared food is satisfactory in quality and quantity prepared, and served and stored at proper temperatures and times.
- Assist in training and supervising students on all food procedures for both front and back of the house of operation and on proper use, cleaning, and sanitization of equipment.
- Assists in maintaining proper labeling, rotation, and storage of food items.
- Cleans cooking utensils, grills, ovens, hoods, and other kitchen equipment.
- Maintains sanitation and health and safety standards. Serve as a good example for proper sanitation, cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 6 months of experience in a high volume restaurant, country club, or institutional setting.
- Servsafe certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Allertain certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Must successfully complete Cook I Food culinary skills test.
Required Minimum Education Level
- HS, GED
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.