- Full Time
Website Rochester Institute of Technology
Monday/Tuesday 1:30pm – 10:00pm
Thursday 1:30pm – 10:00pm
Friday/Saturday 12:30pm – 9:00pm
Please note: On occasion, additional work hours may be required during break week, summer and intercession. Large institute events may require additional hours (such as commencement (graduation) and Imagine RIT Festival).
We want you to be part of a high-energy dining team who depends on each other to succeed. The environment is friendly but fast-paced. The goal? Nobody goes hungry, and everybody leaves smiling! Our cooks are responsible for preparation and/or cooking of food for various food service units across campus.
Here is what you will need to be successful in the job:
- Provide excellent service in a friendly, sincere, and courteous manner
- Assist the Sous Chef to:Prepare menu items according to production specifications and recipes from our CBORD database.
- Train student employees in proper production methods and sanitation procedures. Effectively maintain a high level of student productivity throughout a specific shift.
- Maintain proper labeling, rotation, and storage of all food items.
- Menus constantly evolve to meet customer’s wishes; you would be part of that process by communicating these comments to your management team.
- Carry out special assignments as requested by Supervisors, Managers, or Directors to provide coverage on the line and in the kitchen at high volume periods and/or staffing shortages.
- Understand department and institute policies and objectives to better deal with staff and customers.
- Attend meetings as requested or required by the manager.
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag and hair net. Adhere to break policies.
- Ensure that all foods are high in quality, served, and stored at proper temperatures and times. Follow all
- New York State and Monroe County health codes as they relate to health, sanitation, and safety. Serve as a good example for proper sanitation, cleaning, and personal hygiene.
- Possess an awareness and basic knowledge of allergens, food sensitivities, and dietetic restrictions. Show a willingness to work with the customer and management in resolving potential diet limitations of the customer.
- Adhere to and follow precautionary measures as they relate to safety in the workplace.
- Live our values, embrace diverse perspectives, and nurture the RIT community to remain a great place to work for all.
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience in a high volume restaurant, country club, or institutional setting.
- Servsafe certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Allertain certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Must successfully complete Cook II culinary skills test.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.