- Full Time
Website Rochester Institute of Technology
Varies based on location
Multiple positions available
Additionally, flexible scheduling/work hours may be required during break week, summer and intersession. In addition, large institute events may require additional hours (such as commencement (graduation) and Imagine RIT Festival).
The Dishroom Worker ensures proper washing, sanitation and handling of plates, bowls, glasses and utensils in accordance with department/unit procedures. Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Washes dishware, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintains proper sanitation and cleanliness of dish machine, dishroom, storage carts, racks, and floors.
- Ensures proper sorting and storage of dishware, flatware, trays, utensils, or cooking equipment.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas. Cleans trash bins/cans as needed.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- May receive and store supplies.
- May clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Assist in training and supervising student employees on all dishwashing and cleaning procedures including cleaning and sanitizing of equipment.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards. Serves as a good example for proper sanitation, cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Adheres to and follows precautionary measures as they relate to safety in the work place
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School/GED (or equivalent experience)
- 6 months of experience in a high volume restaurant, country club, or institutional setting
- Servsafe certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Allertain certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Specialized Skills:Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals and detergents.
- Ability to use dish machines
- Ability to work with and train student employees
- Ability to read and understand material safety data sheets
To apply for this job please visit www.rit.edu.