Nurses Assistants & Resident Service Tech.
- Full Time
Website St. Anns Community
St. Ann’s is currently hiring for Nurses Assistants and Resident Services Technicians.
Resident Service Technician
The primary purpose of your job is to support the work of the Certified Nursing Assistant by carrying out basic tasks that do not require direct resident contact or experience with care – giving. These tasks are those that can be taught in a classroom setting.
This position has days and evening hours available.
Highlights of this Role
- Answers all Residents call lights within appropriate time frame.
- Takes care of Resident’s clothing, checks for name tags, places soiled clothing in proper receptacle.
- Changes linen as needed
- Reports any change in Resident’s condition or behavior to Nurse Leaders.
- Reports incidents/accidents to Nurse Leaders
- Reports suspected abuse/neglect to Nurse Leaders.
- Assists with admissions, transfers and discharge of Residents.
- Assists with orienting new Residents and family members to floor routine.
- Gives motivation and encouragement to Residents.
- Participates in Team conferences and change of shift reports.
- Prepares Residents for appointments, medical tests, therapy & activities in a timely manner.
- Washes wheelchairs, recliners and other equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all Resident care information.
- Follows infection control procedures and isolation techniques as directed.
- Keeps work areas clean, tidy, clear and safe.
- Responsible for assigned fire duties and various emergency procedures.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and unit operation issues.
- Participates in staff development programs on and off unit.
- Responsible for completing required annual mandatories and annual health assessments.
- Participates in Residents plan of care.
- Promotes independence of Resident in decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned by professional staff.
- Washes residents’ hands and face as needed.
- Answers the telephone and takes messages as appropriate.
- Light housekeeping duties in Residents’ rooms and common areas.
- Maintains housekeeping supplies.
- Kitchen Responsibilities
- Honors Residents food choices.
- Responsible for setting up tables for meals and snacks.
- Responsible for preparation/serving of Residents meals and snacks (as per meal tickets) and proper kitchen clean up.
- Will provide meal substitutes according to Resident’s diet.
- Will maintain and log proper food and refrigerators temperatures.
- Consistently follow standard principles and universal precautions to preserve food quality and prevent the transmission of food-borne illness.
- Plans and organizes social activities for individual Residents, small groups and households.
- Collaboration with Life Enrichment staff to plan household activities and special events.
- Building relationship with Residents to create meaningful activities through the day that emphasize Residents hobbies and interests.
- Assist in creating a home like experience through support of Residents domains of well – being: identity, growth, autonomy, security, connectedness, meaning and joy through a person centered care philosophy.
High School Diploma, GED, or High School student
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.