- Full Time
Website SUNY Brockport - BASC
Prepares food for a shift in a dining facility. Prepares meals quickly while ensuring quality is maintained and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
- Follows plans for and accomplishes high volume food preparation for the day and week. Completes work delegated by the Senior Food Prep Specialist.
- Responsible for following established recipes.
- Maintains production and usage records as required.
- Checks and maintains quantity and quality of food
- Maintains high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions, adhering to HACCP and NYS
- Department of Health guidelines. Assures cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and equipment.
- Assists in directing work assignments of staff in the cooks’ area. Trains student workers. Helps to coach and motivates student workers in the kitchen.
- May fill in for Senior Food Prep Specialist.
- Performs general cleaning, stocking and recordkeeping.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times while working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Participates in training and performs other food service duties as requested by management
Education and Training
- High School/GED
- Minimum 3 years high-volume professional cooking experience required, including: Following and extending standardized recipes
- Organizing and maintaining kitchen work stations
- Maintaining production and usage records
- Safe food handling, preventing food-borne illness, and sanitation techniques
- A two-year degree from an accredited institute or community college in a related area may substitute for two years of experience
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates an ability to do the job will be considered.
- Position is very physically active.
- Must be able to lift/move 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to stand (all day if necessary), walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist and reach as the job requires.
- Repetitive Motions: grasp, push, pull, fine manipulation with knives and other common kitchen implements
- Must have, or obtain (within 12 months of hire) ServSafe Certification
- Able to read and write English.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Able to pass hands-on, practical cooking test demonstrating knowledge of: proficiency in professional knife-handling skills with ability to cut/trim various meats/poultry/fish thickening techniques, soup and sauce classification and production, sauté, stir fry, pan frying, deep frying, grilling, broiling, roasting, steaming, braising and stewing, cold food production, food presentation and garnishing standards.
Typical Kitchen: exposure to extreme temperatures cold/heat, flame, chemicals, knives/sharp objects
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.