- Full Time
Website SUNY Brockport - BASC
FT Union Kitchen Helper
Prepares and serves food, operates cash register, washes dishes, cleans and assists in various other capacities in a food service operation.
- Follows established recipes.
- Under direction, prepares cold foods, assembles and cooks pizzas, pasta, paninis and other similar foods.
- Uses slicer, deep fryer, turbo chef, microwave, digital food monitoring system, espresso machine and other similar equipment.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans. Stacks dishes, glasses and silverware.
- Removes trash. Cleans and straightens dining room.
- Sets up and maintains food items; checks appropriate temperatures, takes corrective action when necessary.
- Serves as cashier, host/hostess, and server. Interprets menus to customers.
- Maintains production and usage records as required.
- Checks and maintains quantity and quality of food
- Maintains high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions, adhering to HACCP and NYS
- Department of Health guidelines. Assures cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and equipment.
- Directs work assignments of and trains student workers.
- Performs general cleaning, stocking and recordkeeping.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times while working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Participates in training and performs other food service duties as requested by management.
Education and Training
- High School/GED
- Minimum 1 year relevant food service experience.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates an ability to do the job will be considered.
- Position is very physically active.
- Must be able to lift/move 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to stand (all day if necessary), walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist and reach as the job requires.
- Repetitive Motions: grasp, push, pull, fine manipulation with knives and other common kitchen implements
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Able to read and write English.
- Possess basic math skills.
Typical Kitchen: exposure to extreme temperatures cold/heat, flame, chemicals, knives/sharp objects
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.