- Full Time
Website The Norman Howard School
The Norman Howard School (NHS) considers Teaching Assistants to be integral members of its instructional team. Teaching Assistants take an active role in the classroom, working with students with diverse learning needs.
- Support lessons developed by the classroom teacher and assist in supervising classroom activities.
- Adhere to school policies and procedures regarding student behavior and expectations within a PBIS framework.
- Function as an integral member of a grade level educational team.
- Fulfill supervisory duties, as assigned.
- Participate in school activities and events, in accordance with school policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Implement lessons as directed by teacher.
- Provide functional behavioral thinking and multi-levels of behavior support.
- Demonstrate strong organizational management skills.
- Possess strong verbal skills.
- New York State Teaching Assistant certification.
- Prior experience teaching students with learning disabilities preferred.
- Able to work some flexible hours to accommodate parent/guardian meetings, school activities, and other mandated events/meetings.
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.rochesterworks.org.