Front Desk Attendant
- Part Time
Website Town of Irondequoit
Under the direction of a supervisor the primary role of the Front Desk Attendant is to provide general reception duties for the Community Center. You will check-in our guests, provide information on programs and memberships, and perform other clerical duties.
- Deliver excellent customer service to our residents, members, and patrons.
- Ensure the front desk area is attractive, clean, and ready for users.
- Frequently use Microsoft Office Suite and Recreation software.
- Maintain basic records and reports.
- Promotes department services and programs; answers questions and/or directs the public to proper source of information.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing tactfully.
- Operate phone using proper phone etiquette.
- Distribute first aid supplies such as ice packs, band aids, bandages etc.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings when necessary.
- Maintains proper appearance and behavior.
- Promptly report any equipment problems or repair needs to supervisor.
- Light cleaning and disinfecting of equipment.
- Enforces and adheres to existing policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- While performing the job duties described above an employee is frequently required to walk and sit for long periods of time.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Education, Experience, Training:
- Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma.
- Ability to perform infant, child and adult CPR and first aid.
- Training will be provided.
Applicant must be a resident of Monroe County at the time of appointment.
SALARY: $15.00 hourly
LOCATION: Irondequoit Community Center
WORK HOURS: Part-time, Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send employment application to:
Town of Irondequoit
Department of Human Resources
1280 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.rochesterworks.org.