- Full Time
Website Villa of Hope
JOB TITLE: Cook
POSITION GRADE: 75
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Facility Operations- Food Services
SUPERVISOR: Food Service Manager
Under the general direction of the Food Service Manager, the Cook is responsible for the production of all food served within assigned sites. The cook ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels are adhered to regarding preparation, quality, and cost control. This individual assists, as needed, with inventory control. This position is responsible for preparing all foods using standardized recipes, interacts with staff in a friendly professional manner, follows job flow, attends in-services and meetings as requested and completes special cleaning assignments. Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and security for all client and staff related materials and/or records.
- Works within our system to prepare food that is of the highest quality and safety measures following all
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point standards.
- Works hand-in-hand with other kitchen staff.
- Completes cleaning and sanitizing tasks in a timely manner. Practices “clean as you go” technique.
- Labels and dates all products, fills out appropriate logs daily.
- Uses inventory wisely & informs management of quality issues as they arise.
- Follows all department and Villa of Hope policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen and dining area, to meet the required standards of practice
- To conform to the Child Nutrition Program procedures.
- Ensure that all equipment is well maintained, in good working order and to log any defects and report them to the Manager.
- To prepare, cook, and serve well balanced meals and beverages to the highest quality incorporating, cultural and dietary needs as required by the residents.
- Works closely with residents to plan menus that reflect choice and preferences.
- Purchase supplies in accordance with the planned menu, whilst monitoring and controlling service from suppliers.
- Ensure all stock ordered is consistent with planned menu’s.
- Work closely with Program Manager to ensure catering services are provided to the appropriate standards to residents.
- Maintain and check First Aid equipment within the Kitchen.
- Work closely with Program management team, by maintaining the budget
- Carry out good food Management, temperature controls and documentation according to current Food Hygiene regulations.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures and makes suggestions for improvement as needed.
- Participates in on-going training and staff development provided by the Program and/or Agency.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and practices cultural competency towards clients, families and staff with respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities
- High School/GED diploma
- Safe Serve Certification
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certification (Agency will provide)
- Must obtain Valid NYS Driver’s License within six months of hire
1-3 years of food service experience are required; experience in in large-scale food production is preferred.
- Ability to work with young people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to accurately document all food activities and write clear/detailed reports.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work varied shifts/weekends
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing; Must be able to perform a variety of household tasks, climb stairs, move throughout the cottage or group home, and quickly respond to emergencies.
· Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)-
o Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
· Customer Focus
o Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
· Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.
To apply for this job please visit villaofhope.org.