Outpatient Access Specialist
- Full Time
Website Villa of Hope
JOB TITLE: Outpatient Access Specialist
POSITION GRADE: 76
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Behavioral Health Services Outpatient Clinic
SUPERVISOR: Medical Office Manager
Under the general direction of the Medical Office Manager, the Outpatient Access Specialist is responsible for day-to-day operations of the reception and intake office. To provide all administrative, data management, scheduling, intake and referral triage, billing services and customer services as required in the department. Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles, Strategic Plan and commitments to the Sanctuary Model of Care.
- Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations including OASAS and OMH regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality and security for all client related material and/or client records.
- Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural competency toward clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
- Provide support to Behavioral Health staff and clients
- Act as a support for providing coverage at Reception
- Helps maintain no show rates and productivity standards by efficiently scheduling of all clinic appointments
- Process incoming referrals and designate appropriate therapists for assessments.
- Schedules appointments for assigned staff
- Completes all Medicaid, private insurance and self-pay eligibility and prior authorizations for Outpatient Clinic
- Supplies data and statistics to Billing, Finance, Quality and Compliance and other Villa of Hope Departments as requested.
- Schedule and ensure client transportation has been delivered
- Attends regular supervision
- Attends scheduled team meetings and trainings
- Collaborates with referral sources
- Works with various data bases
- Collaborates with internal support programs (billing, finance, facilities operations, IT and others as needed)
- Perform other similar duties requiring comparable skills as assigned
· Associates Degree or equivalent of three years medical office experience.
· Valid NYS driver’s license in good standing and has use of an automobile.
· Experience working in a Behavioral Health setting with strong business and data management education and skills required.
· Experience in medical billing.
· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
· Communication and collaboration with internal and external partners
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Must be a self-starter, flexible and skilled in providing customer service.
· Effective and open communication, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work in partnership with other, including staff members across all departments and externally
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
· Organized and self-directed; able to share information and collaborate effectively across all functions, with both internal and external partners.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: standing, walking, sitting, bending, and must be able to perform a variety of tasks, move throughout office buildings, work cooperatively in a team environment and quickly respond to emergencies.
· Character and Courage (Integrity and Trust)-
o Do the right thing, because it is the right thing, even when no one is looking. Truth to Power.
· Customer Focus
o Build positive relationships through communication and collaborative problem solving.
· Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Justice and Equity
o Believe in the dignity and humanity of all people to reach their full potential.
To apply for this job please visit villaofhope.org.