- Full Time
- Rochester, NY
Website Villa of Hope
Campus Security Officer
Villa of Hope
Campus Security Officer
Director Facility Operations & Security
Villa of Hope helps youth and families rebuild relationships, recover from trauma and renew Hope for their future.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the general direction of the Director Facility Operations & Security is responsible for actively patrolling campus buildings, grounds and controlling access to all secured campus residential areas. Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
Patrol campus buildings, grounds and parking lots on foot, or by vehicle to identify unauthorized use of buildings, equipment or facilities and/or criminal activity, atypical activities or other irregularities.
Take appropriate action to correct on-campus situations that could reasonably be considered detrimental or harmful to persons or property
Check in and provide directions to campus visitors
Monitors campus alarm systems, security/surveillance cameras
Works collaboratively with the Greece Police Department, the Greece Fire Department and other emergency services.
Investigate complaints of disturbance, accidents, infractions and criminal activity occurring on campus and undertakes appropriate action or response
Respond to requests for first aid and support. Assess the situation and provide limited.
Request support services such as ambulance, paramedics, fire, etc as directed by the Campus Support & Response Team.
Participates in the Agency’s Emergency Response Plan. Serves as the Control Center in providing emergency notifications to staff, visitors and youth.
Serves as Security representative on the Agency’s Environment of Care/Infection Control Committee.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Adheres to established policies and procedures and makes suggestions for improvement as needed.
· Participates in on-going training and staff development provided by the Agency.
· Demonstrates, promotes, and practices cultural competency towards clients, families and staff with respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
H.S. diploma or GED required.
Two years prior experience in law enforcement, security services, emergency medical services, corrections and two years’ experience working with adolescents in a residential setting.
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Certification required (2 day)
NYS Security Guard (unarmed) Certification
Valid NY State Driver’s License required that meets Agency’s driver guidelines.
· Strong computer and documentation skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and time management.
· Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple priorities and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to analyze situations, adopt an effective course of action and see it through to completion.
· Ability to make immediate judgment decisions in criminal, non-criminal, and other emergency situations.
· Ability to work with young people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to accurately document all shift activities and write clear and detailed report.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated customer service skills.
· Must have or have ability to obtain First Aid, CPR and AED certification.
· Ability to work varied shifts/weekends.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing; Must be able to perform a variety of tasks, climb stairs, move throughout the campus, work cooperatively in a team environment and quickly respond to emergencies.
Signature Approved By:
Date Last Reviewed:
Last Reviewed By:
To apply for this job please visit mycompas.net.