Now Hiring Team Members Part Time and Full Time – Rochester, NY – New Store Opening Early 2023
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Brighton, NY
Whole Foods Market
Job Description Summary
Whole Foods Market is opening a new store in Rochester, NY – Early Spring 2023
The 48,735 square foot store is located on busy Monroe Avenue in a new shopping plaza at the hub of several major highways. The plaza sits between the towns of Brighton and Pittsford and is southeast of Rochester’s city center.
Address: 2740 Monroe Avenue, Brighton, NY 14618
Rochester will be the Northeast’s 56th store and the first in the Rochester area.
• We will begin the interview process end of February/March
• Positions are likely to start training beginning of April
We are hiring for all Team Member level roles
• 20% Team Member discount
• No experience necessary – will train!
• Starting rate $15 hr.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a team member at Whole Foods Market? Check out our videos and meet the Team Members!
· After applying, check your email (including your junk/spam) for a link to an assessment.
· Successfully complete the assessment within 7 days.
Here is a list of our Team Departments and the Team Member roles you may be considered for:
· Bakery: Counter Service, Packaging, Coffee Bar
· Customer Service / Store Support: Cashier, Cashier Assistant (Bagging, Carts), Sanitation
· Grocery: Stocker (Frozen Foods, Dairy, Bulk Items) – Day and Overnight shifts
· Meat: Counter Service, Oven-Ready Prep
· Prepared Foods: Deli Counter Service, Kitchen, Food Prep, Dishwasher, Culinary Venues (Pizza Maker, Sandwich Maker, Runner: Hot Food / Salad Bar)
· Produce / Floral: Stocker, Clerk, Floral Arrangements, Production (Fruit and Vegetable Cutting)
· Seafood: Counter Service, Oven-Ready Prep
· Specialty: Beer, Wine, Cheese Cutting and Wrapping, Chocolate, Pub Service
· Whole Body: Stocker (Vitamins, Supplements, Body Care, Clothing and gifts)
Provides support as a Team Member, performing duties related to customer service, stocking, and sanitation in assigned department(s). All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Follows department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices products for sale.
- Monitors product quality and freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Ensures cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep logs as required.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
Desired Work Experiences:
No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wholefoodsmarket.com.