COVID-19 Daily Temperature Testing Policy
Rochester EOC (REOC) has implemented student temperature checking measures aimed at limiting the transmission of disease, due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus and subsequent pandemic. Decisions are guided by many factors including but not limited to: the epidemiology of the disease, the disease’s response (if any) to anti-viral or other medications, the availability of effective medications, specific at- risk groups, and the proximity of confirmed infection to a particular locale.
The REOC Dean/Executive Director, in consultation with SUNY Brockport and the University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD), determined the appropriate initiation and requirement of daily temperature monitoring and other safety measures to implement. Federal, state, and local governing authorities may provide guidance in making the determination, and those authorities are likely to follow Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines. In addition, measures regarding social distancing and donning of personal protective equipment (PPE) have been implemented based on the epidemiology of the disease.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, REOC has adopted this COVID-19 ROCHESTER EOC DAILY TEMPERATURE TESTING POLICY. This policy implements measures in order to ensure the health and safety of REOC’s community.
All employees, students, auxiliary organizations, contractors, volunteers, and campus visitors are affected by this policy.
A fever is any temperature at 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius or higher (CDC COVID-19 Guidelines).
REOC Lobby Representative
ANY REOC employee that has been designated as the individual who will be performing entrance checks to the building.
Completion of Daily Temperature Check
It is recommended that students, staff and visitors take their temperature at home before they come to 161 Chestnut Street in order to ascertain if they have a fever.
While on location at the REOC building all individuals are required to complete the Daily Temperature Check. The requirements include the following:
- A lobby system temperature checker will automatically take the temperatures of all students, staff and visitors who enter the
- If the temperature registers 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius or higher, an REOC Lobby Representative will discretely notify the student, staff or visitor that they have a temperature and will not be allowed to enter the building.
- If any individual registers 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius or higher, it will be documented by the REOC Lobby Representative.
- Students, staff and visitors whose temperatures are registering at 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius or higher must ensure that they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- The REOC Dean/Executive Director or designee will follow up with the student, staff or visitor.
- Students and staff who are not allowed to enter the building are required to notify their instructor or
- Visitors who are not allowed to enter the building should notify the REOC Visitor Coordinator.
NOTE: If the visitor, staff member, or student comes to REOC and the temperature checker indicates a raised temperature (> 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius) that requires a visitor, staff member, or student to leave the premises, the REOC Lobby Representative must document the information and forward it to the REOC Dean/Executive Director.
Failure to Comply
Failure to comply may result in request for individual to leave the premises.
- For students and staff, it may result in a disciplinary action.
Reporting and Enforcement
All REOC staff are able to address students who may need reminding of adherence to COVID-19 ROCHESTER EOC DAILY TEMPERATURE TESTING POLICY requirements. In instances where members of our community do not feel safe addressing or educating others about this policy, or if there are repeated violations of this policy, staff members should contact the office of the REOC Dean/Executive Director for assistance.
This policy will remain in effect until further notice.
Approval: September 23, 2020
Category Name: Student, Staff, Visitor
Responsible Department: REOC Dean/Executive Director
Contact: Dr. Roosevelt Mareus
By: REOC Leadership Team
Date: September 23, 2020