The SUNY EOCs are a system of educational enterprises that serve eligible adult learners.
As part of this system, the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center will deliver comprehensive, community-based academic and workforce development programs and provide support services leading to enhanced employment opportunities, access to further education, personal growth and development.
To maintain a high-quality learning environment, REOC will focus on teaching excellence, student learning, career development and technological initiatives. REOC will prepare students to demonstrate competency in the following:
- Computer Literacy and Information Resources
- Critical Thinking
- Oral Communication
Our focus is to serve with compassion, dignity and respect.
We pursue EXCELLENCE and quality in education and training through collaboration, continuous improvement, student and customer satisfaction and innovation.
We conduct our work with INTEGRITY, honesty, and fairness and meet the highest ethical and professional standards.
We accept RESPONSIBILITY for using our resources in a prudent and efficient manner.
2018 – 2019 RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- WE will appropriately refer students and colleagues to internal and external experts, resources, and agencies for support.
- WE will consistently address unacceptable behaviors immediately.
- WE will explore acceptable solutions and choices without judgement.
- WE will clearly explain and confirm students’ understanding of expectations.
- WE will talk with people to engage with them as individuals.
- WE will mindfully “self check” when interacting with others.