ENGAGE, INSTILL, EMPOWER: Starting and Sustaining a Successful Business
This entrepreneurship program focuses on how to start and sustain your own business. Skilled facilitators will provide an overview of the Entrepreneurship Program, and the nuts and bolts of business start-up and ownership.
March 7, 14, 21, 28, 2020
April 11, 18, 2020
9:00am to 12pm
Participants are encouraged to attend all sessions
In today’s tumultuous economic climate, companies are down-sizing and jobs are anything but secure. Many are making the innovative transition from employee to employer.
In this dynamic and innovative 6-week course, participants will engage in professional development activities that incorporate both hard and soft skills that lead to successful business ventures.
- March 7, 2020: An Overview of the Entrepreneurship Program
- March 14, 2020: The Business “BE-ATTITUDES” and The Road Less Traveled: Unconventional Paths to Entrepreneurship
- March 21, 2020: The Manager Within—Leveraging Professional Relationships
- March 28, 2020: Marketing and Branding: Advertising the Authentic You
- April 11, 2020: Circumventing Detours: Credit, Investors and Other Potential Barriers
- April18, 2020: The Road Map: Strategic Planning and Writing A Business Plan
Participants will gain new skills and enhance the skills they already possess through presentations from successful business owners, participation in engaging discussions, self-reflection activities and actual business planning—including one on one consultation and ongoing support from The SUNY College At Brockport Small Business Development Center.
Enroll online by submitting the registration form below or call us at (585) 327-4035 to join the program.