ENGAGE, INSTILL, EMPOWER: Starting and Sustaining a Successful Business
This entrepreneurship program focuses on how to start and sustain your own business. Skilled facilitators will provide an overview of the Entrepreneurship Program, and the nuts and bolts of business start-up and ownership.
In today’s tumultuous economic climate, companies are down-sizing and jobs are anything but secure. Many are making the innovative transition from employee to employer.
In this dynamic and innovative 6- week course, participants will engage in professional development activities that incorporate both hard and soft skills that lead to successful business ventures. Skilled facilitators will provide an overview of the Entrepreneurship Program, and the nuts and bolts of business start-up and ownership.
- October 17, 2020: An Overview of the Entrepreneurship Program
- October 24, 2020: The Business “BE-ATTITUDES” and The Road Less Traveled: Unconventional Paths to Entrepreneurship
- October 31, 2020: The Manager Within—Leveraging Professional Relationships
- November 7, 2020: Marketing and Branding: Advertising the Authentic You
- November 14, 2020: Circumventing Detours: Credit, Investors and Other Potential Barriers
- November 21, 2020: The Road Map: Strategic Planning and Writing A Business Plan
Participants will gain new skills and enhance the skills they already possess through presentations from successful business owners, participation in engaging discussions, self-reflection activities and actual business planning—including one on one consultation and ongoing support from The SUNY College At Brockport.
We are no longer accepting participants for this session.