- Instructor(s): Joseph, Valerie
- Category: Health Care
The Licensed Practical Nursing program is a comprehensive, accredited New York State program, which relates classroom study and clinical experience. The course content combined with successful program completion qualifies the student to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for Licensed Practical Nurses. This training program encompasses training and education of direct patient care in acute and long-term care facilities.
The following information should be noted when applying to the REOC Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program.
Applications are currently being accepted for 2019-2020 academic year. Applicants are required to attend an Information Session prior to scheduling an interview.
There is no need to complete an application online prior to attending an information session.
Information Sessions are held on a regular basis at 161 Chestnut Street.
Applicant Information Session Dates 2019-2020
- Monday, October 21, 2019 – 9:30am-10:30am; Room 152
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 – 4:00pm-5:00pm; Room 152
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 – 4:00pm-5:00pm; Room 152
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – 9:30am-10:30am; Room 152
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 – 4:00pm-5:00pm; Room 151
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 – 4:00pm-5:00pm; Room 151
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 – 1:00pm-2:00pm; Room 218A
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 – 9:30am-10:30am; Multi Purpose Room
- Monday, March 2, 2020 – 6:00pm-7:00pm; Multi Purpose Room
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – 2:00pm-3:00pm; Multi Purpose Room
Employment of licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses is projected to grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the baby-boom population ages, the overall need for healthcare services is expected to increase. LPNs will be needed in residential care facilities and in home health environments to care for older patients. ¹
Complete Career Outlook
¹ BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, OCCUPATIONAL OUTLOOK HANDBOOK, 2016-17 EDITION, LICENSED PRACTICAL AND LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSES, ON THE INTERNET AT HTTP://WWW.BLS.GOV/OOH/HEALTHCARE/LICENSED-PRACTICAL-AND-LICENSED-VOCATIONAL-NURSES.HTM (VISITED NOVEMBER 22, 2016).
- Mandatory Information Session
- OFFICIAL High School Transcript or High School Equivalency (Must be in unopened envelope with raised seal.)
- Two Professional References
- Original Social Security Card
- 18+ years of age
- Clinical rotations: Day rotation will start at 6:45 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m., Evening rotation will start at 12:15 p.m. and end at 9:30 p.m.
- May require 2 PPDs within one year.
What our students say? all testimonials
Clover Robinson needed stable employment. She had a fear of being unemployed as an older adult. She always loved caring for people and becoming a nurse was a dream. She enrolled in the REOC’s Licensed Practical Nursing program and found that this was her career calling!
>> Read More
Marion Taylor had some issues in her past that made it impossible for her to move forward. She came to REOC with no work history and no computer skills. She knew she needed to make a change. She enrolled in the REOC Medical Secretary program and now has the computer…
>> Read More
Nicholas Brown He had difficulty finding a career that interested him and maintaining employment. He wanted more and knew that he needed training. He found the REOC Surgical Technologist program and now says he has a career is not only interesting, but exciting.
>> Read More