Medical Secretary, Medical Billing & Coding
BARBARA J. SMITH
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Reliable, self-motivated, and enthusiastic Medical Office Assistant with nine years of customer service experience. Sharp attention to detail, Exceptional organizational skills, and high degree of accuracy. Professional communication skills. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision within a team-oriented environment. Able to manage workload while maintaining high quality standards and the utmost confidentiality. Desire to join a medical organization where I can utilize my current education and skills by providing high quality patient care.
· Medical Terminology, Medical Billing & Coding, Medical Office Practice
· Word 2016, Excel 2016, Keyboard Pro Deluxe 4
· Data entry (200+ invoices/day)
· Follow up with patients, staff, and managers to ensure proper medical care.
· Provide scheduling support for medical testing based on physician’s orders.
· Arrange hospital admissions for patients as needed.
· Provide professional telephone support.
EDUCATION & TRAINING EXPERIENCE
Medical Secretary Certificate Program January- May 2021
Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), Rochester, NY
AED, CPR & First Aid Certification May 2021
American Red Cross, Rochester, NY
Accounts Payable Processor, Accountemps, Rochester, NY 2019-2020
· Worked in the University of Rochester Finance Department.
· Processed change paperwork.
· Corrected purchase order release errors.
Accounts Receivable and Credit Manager, Masline Electronics, Inc., Rochester, NY 2004-2013
· Posted all payments to customer accounts and prepared daily bank deposit.
· Triple matched all accounts payable invoices and entered using EPDS and UNIX systems.
· Answered all calls on multi-line switchboard.
January 25, 2021 to May 21, 2021
Medical Secretary Program at Rochester Educational Opportunities Center
September 1986 to June 1990
Bachelor of Music Education at Seton Hill University
Music Education and Liberal Arts
- Medical Secretary
Updated 12 months ago